Famous Last Words: Birthday Week


The readings this week were as wonderful as ever! I did both portions of the reading and the extra reading! The Chinese Folk-Lore readings stood out to me the most because they didn’t follow the usual storylines that I am used to reading so I couldn’t predict the outcome. For example, I was really surprised when I read the story “Cave of the Beasts” because I have never read a story where the dad wanted to abandon his kids in the forest because they ate his eggs. I also really enjoyed what I wrote this week too. I immediately added my story to my portfolio after I wrote it because I liked how I changed the ending. I loved all of the stories I read by other people. Some of my favorites written by other people had a really great build up in plot and suspense. I like stories that are unpredictable. My other classes are killing me as usual but I finally finished all of my tests this week so life is going to be so much better! I also found a connection between this class and my Human Physiology class. We got our exam scores back right after taking the test and a lot of people were disappointed because of their exam scores so the professor emailed us the link to Carol Dweck’s book on Growth Mindset. She told us to never think that we can’t do well in this class because we aren’t good at science or we aren’t great test takers. My week was really stressful due to my other classes but it was a lot better due to my amazing friends that threw me a surprise birthday party! I hope to finish all of my homework next week before Friday so that I can enjoy the extra day off of school!  


Surprise Birthday Party: Photo Taken by Jasmin Kurien

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an Adventurous Girl

Week 7 Story: The Cave of Gold