Growth Mindset: Sharing the Growth Mindset with a Friend

I explained the growth mindset to my lab partner who was convinced that she couldn't do well in the class because she naturally wasn't good at science or good at taking tests. She was especially down in the dumps after we got our exam grades back. I explained that it is more helpful to have a growth mindset because she was doing well when we did discussions in class but she wasn't relaying her information well through the test. I told her that it was more important that she was learning the material rather than trying to get that perfect score on the exam. I also told her that she can learn to be a better test taker too through different strategies that she can try. She hadn't heard of growth mindset before so it was new to her when I tried to explain it to her. 


Sharing Ideas: Freepik

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an Adventurous Girl

Week 7 Story: The Cave of Gold