Famous Last Words: Exciting Long Weekend

There was no new reading assigned for this week but I did the bonus reading anyways because I had time this week for the first time in forever! I read Italian fairy tales and really enjoyed it. My favorite story was “Water and Salt”. We didn’t have to write a story this week but I enjoyed looking back at the progress I have made throughout the semester and reflecting on how I have done and what I could do to improve. I also enjoyed finding a motivational graphic for one of the assignments because I live for those quotes. I always enjoy reading stories written by others in this class. One of them really surprised me because of how different their new story was compared to the original one. They also extended the story quite a bit and added dialogue to make it a completely different story. I was shocked when I found out what the original story was and how successful they were at keeping the original central message the same but changing everything else such as the setting, characters, and adding a lot more details. I am finally done with all of my midterms in my other classes so I am a lot less stressed than I was for the past two weeks. I can finally breathe again. There is a connection between this class and Human Physiology because my professor sent us a Ted Talk video over Carol Dweck’s growth mindset concept to keep his motivated since we have had a lot of people dropping out recently due to difficult tests in that class. My hopes for next week are to finish up the class, I am really sad that I’ll be done because I’ll miss reading the wonderful stories written by other students and having a creative outlet where I can tell stories.


Almost there!:Tumblr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an Adventurous Girl

Week 7 Story: The Cave of Gold